Capital Baptist Church | 3504 Gallows Road Annandale, Virginia
Sunday Morning Services | 8:15, 9:30, & 11:00
Football season is here! Football is 22 people on the field who desperately need a break being watched by thousands of people in the stands who desperately need exercise.
Sadly this sounds a lot like the Church - 20% of the people doing 80% of the work. WE NEED EVERYONE TO GET IN THE GAME. Not everyone is gifted to play football, but everyone is gifted to serve God.
“As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified.”
I Peter 4:10 - 11b
God doesn’t want you sitting on the bench or hanging out on the sidelines. He wants you in the game using your gifts to minister to others. Our Get In The Game teaching series will show you four “moves” to make for winning at serving.
WATCH OUR LATEST SERMON
There are many common misconceptions about the book of Deuteronomy. Some think it’s a book of old, dusty laws that have no application for our lives today. But the truth is knowing Deuteronomy is a matter of life and death! Jesus loved this book and quoted from it many times and so should we.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to join this exegetical study of Deuteronomy.
- Sat, Sep 30Capital Baptist ChurchSep 30, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PMCapital Baptist Church, 3504 Gallows Rd, Annandale, VA 22003, USAYou are invited to the Guest Services Ministry Team Training & Luncheon! This is for those serving and interested in helping the areas of greeters, ushers, security, and medical and hospitality attendants. It's taking place on Saturday, September 30 from 10am - 1pm.
- Sat, Sep 30Lake Accotink ParkSep 30, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PMLake Accotink Park, 5660 Heming Ave, Springfield, VA 22151, USAChristian Fellowship and Fun rolled into one! We will meet at the far end of the parking lot at the rear entrance. Please register if you plan to attend. If you have any questions regarding the event call or text Sean Hart at 301-807-1582.
- Sun, Oct 01Capital Baptist ChurchOct 01, 8:15 AM – Oct 02, 12:30 PMCapital Baptist Church, 3504 Gallows Rd, Annandale, VA 22003, USABe sure to join us Sunday, October 1 for Spiritual Renewal Sunday with Evangelist Frank Shelton! We will all be blessed and encouraged at each of our three church services. Invite your family, neighbors, and coworkers!
- Multiple DatesSun, Oct 01Capital Baptist Church SanctuaryOct 01, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PMCapital Baptist Church Sanctuary, 3504 Gallows Rd, Annandale, VA 22003, USABe part of a team to help you lose weight in a fun and supportive environment through a weekly team competition. Registration is available!
- Fri, Nov 10Sandy Cove MinistriesNov 10, 8:00 AM – Nov 12, 8:00 PMSandy Cove Ministries, 60 Sandy Cove Rd, North East, MD 21901, USAJoin us for this special trip on November 10-12 to Sandy Cove for our annual Women's Weekend Retreat. Be sure to register. Contact Tracy Eicher for details: 703-307-7815
PLAN YOUR VISIT
WHAT TO EXPECT
We understand that being a guest at a new place can be intimidating. At Capital, we promise a warm welcome from people just like you from the moment you enter church grounds. Please stop by the information booth directly behind the worship center in the main hallway, where we will be happy to assist you. Or feel free to ask questions of one of the greeters you will meet at our door. Capital is a church designed to encourage spiritual growth in a safe and healthy environment. We value our guests and welcome you as an honored guest. Below are a few things you can expect at Capital Baptist Church.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Here at Capital, we are a multicultural church. Our members wear jeans, business casual attire, suits, dresses, and even cultural dress from their native countries. The main point is not what you wear on the outside. It is how you feel on the inside so that you can prepare for a life-changing, uplifting worship experience with us.
CHILDREN & YOUTH
We love your children and provide a quality children’s ministry for them at all services. Please stop at the information desk to inquire about our age-appropriate children’s groups. We have a well-equipped, safe, loving nursery for infants and toddlers up to age 2 during our 9:30 and 11 a.m. worship services. We have small group classes for preschoolers through 6th grade in Main Street at 9:30 and 11 a.m. Children love their spirited worship time with Children’s Director Mike Eicher.
Capital Youth is a ministry from Middle School and High School students. Led by Pastor Ryan A. Sturgis, the mission is to lead students and families in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe God has called us to live with purpose, on purpose! Living God’s purpose means we live in a way that honors Jesus.
WHAT ARE SERVICES LIKE?
Our music is led by a dynamic team of people committed to lead you in pure, passionate worship to the Savior. Our worship style is a mix of new modern worship music, as well as more traditional music and Gospel music. Our passion is not about style but about substance. We use different styles of music in order for you to connect with Christ.
We believe in presenting Biblical principles through creative means that connect to your world. We are very blessed to have innovative communicators on staff to help connect your life with God. Be sure to see a greeter for a copy of our weekly bulletin. It is full of helpful information about upcoming events, church ministries, small groups, and volunteer opportunities. Also included is a follow-along guide to the pastors’ message, including scripture references and passages. The first half of our worship services feature praise-filled musical presentations and often feature video clips or slide shows, plus theatrical skits and dance performances. Pastor Steve’s sermons are available and can be viewed here.
HOW CAN I MEET OTHERS AND GET CONNECTED?
Capital is truly a family church. Our strategy is “Building Family”. We are much more than just a building open on Sundays. We are a group of people who love and care for one another, experiencing true Biblical community. It is our aim to help connect you with other people who have the same values and faith. It does not matter if you are single, married, or in high school. Family matters because you matter.
We strive to exhibit excellence in every area, from the cleanliness of our facilities, to the many ministries serving the people of Capital Baptist Church. You are sure to have an enjoyable experience in an atmosphere of excellence.
OUR BUILDING & LOCATION
We are located at 3504 Gallows Rd. Annandale, VA 22003 (See Map Below). Some churches are known as museums everyday except for Sunday. Our building is used all week. We try to provide the best, clean, safe atmosphere for learning the Bible and service to the community. Get connected and use what God has blessed us with.
If you have further questions about Capital Baptist Church, feel free to call the church office at 703-560-3109