JOIN US SUNDAY FOR OUR SERMON SERIES: STAND UP & STAND OUT
Jude is a small book with a big punch. It is a call to action, a call to engage in earnestly promoting and defending the absolute truth of the Bible. It describes in practical terms the responsibility of every believer to “STAND UP & STAND OUT”.
"Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." - Jude 3
Jude has been called the most neglected book of the New Testament. We will not neglect it, but rather we will read and study this valuable Bible book. In this series we will discover how these words written in the first century are very relevant to our lives now.
CHECK OUT OUR LATEST SERMON BELOW:
WE'RE HERE TO SERVE OUR COMMUNITY
In the midst of a crooked and depraved world, we want to be lights! Therefore, we provide so many awesome opportunities to our congregation and community. From counseling ministries, to health ministries, to our homeschool co-op, we have something for you!
- Tue, Sep 21ZoomZoom Prayer MeetingHow can we pray for you today? You are welcome to join us at 7pm for our Capital Family Prayer Meeting. Connect by phone: +1 301 715 8592 US Meeting ID: 850 5286 6874 Password: 693088 Connect by computer/device: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85052866874... Meeting ID: 850 5286 6874 Password: 693088
- Thu, Sep 23Capital Baptist Church Rm 210/212ESL (English As Second Language) ClassThursdays - 6:30PM in Room 210 & 212. Do you or someone you know want to improve their ability to speak English as a second language? We are having Adult English classes at our church this fall led by Jody and Ruth Miller. All levels of English are welcome. The course is free, but the book is $10.
- Thu, Sep 23Capital Baptist Church Rm 206/208Capital Young Adults GatheringJoin us Thursday night at 6:30PM in room 206 for our Capital Young Adults Gathering. This is a casual time of food, fellowship, and Bible reading. Help us be prepared with enough food! If you'd like to attend, send a quick email to Pastor Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Multiple DatesSun, Sep 26Capital Baptist ChurchDuring AWANA, we will offer a Parenting Bible Study! Join us for Shepherding a Child's Heart on Sunday nights from 6PM to 7:30PM in our Education Building.
- Sun, Sep 26Capital Baptist Church Rm 215 + ZOOMBreaking Free - Ladies Bible StudyJoin us in room 215 or via Zoom at 6PM on Sunday evenings starting 9/19 for this studying on Breaking Free by Beth Moore. This study will be based on Isaiah 61:1-4. Email email@example.com for more information and to get our Zoom link.
- Sat, Oct 02Capital Baptist ChurchJoin us for a special Spiritual Renewal Weekend at Capital Baptist Church. Saturday we will have an "Extreme Mind Makeover Workshop" at 9:30AM. This will be led by speaker, author, and Christian counselor, Steve Etner.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
WHAT'S GOING ON WITH COVID-19?
I want to first of all say how proud I am of our church and how we have responded to the Covid Pandemic over the past fifteen months. We have grown through this crisis and not just gone through it! I now praise God for how circumstances are greatly improving with COVID... READ MORE
WHAT TO EXPECT
We understand that being a guest at a new place can be intimidating. At Capital, we promise a warm welcome from people just like you from the moment you enter church grounds. Please stop by the information booth directly behind the worship center in the main hallway, where we will be happy to assist you. Or feel free to ask questions of one of the greeters you will meet at our door. Capital is a church designed to encourage spiritual growth in a safe and healthy environment. We value our guests and welcome you as an honored guest. Below are a few things you can expect at Capital Baptist Church.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Here at Capital, we are a multicultural church. Our members wear jeans, business casual attire, suits, dresses, and even cultural dress from their native countries. The main point is not what you wear on the outside. It is how you feel on the inside so that you can prepare for a life-changing, uplifting worship experience with us.
CHILDREN & YOUTH
We love your children and provide a quality children’s ministry for them at all services. Please stop at the information desk to inquire about our age-appropriate children’s groups. We have a well-equipped, safe, loving nursery for infants and toddlers up to age 2 during our 9:30 and 11 a.m. worship services. We have small group classes for preschoolers through 6th grade in Main Street at 9:30 and 11 a.m. Children love their spirited worship time with Children’s Director Mike Eicher.
Capital Youth is a ministry from Middle School and High School students. Led by Pastor Ryan A. Sturgis, the mission is to lead students and families in a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We believe God has called us to live with purpose, on purpose! Living God’s purpose means we live in a way that honors Jesus.
WHAT ARE SERVICES LIKE?
Our music is led by a dynamic team of people committed to lead you in pure, passionate worship to the Savior. Our worship style is a mix of new modern worship music, as well as more traditional music and Gospel music. Our passion is not about style but about substance. We use different styles of music in order for you to connect with Christ.
We believe in presenting Biblical principles through creative means that connect to your world. We are very blessed to have innovative communicators on staff to help connect your life with God. Be sure to see a greeter for a copy of our weekly bulletin. It is full of helpful information about upcoming events, church ministries, small groups, and volunteer opportunities. Also included is a follow-along guide to the pastors’ message, including scripture references and passages. The first half of our worship services feature praise-filled musical presentations and often feature video clips or slide shows, plus theatrical skits and dance performances. Pastor Steve’s sermons are available and can be viewed here.
HOW CAN I MEET OTHERS AND GET CONNECTED?
Capital is truly a family church. Our strategy is “Building Family”. We are much more than just a building open on Sundays. We are a group of people who love and care for one another, experiencing true Biblical community. It is our aim to help connect you with other people who have the same values and faith. It does not matter if you are single, married, or in high school. Family matters because you matter.
We strive to exhibit excellence in every area, from the cleanliness of our facilities, to the many ministries serving the people of Capital Baptist Church. You are sure to have an enjoyable experience in an atmosphere of excellence.
OUR BUILDING & LOCATION
We are located at 3504 Gallows Rd. Annandale, VA 22003 (See Map Below). Some churches are known as museums everyday except for Sunday. Our building is used all week. We try to provide the best, clean, safe atmosphere for learning the Bible and service to the community. Get connected and use what God has blessed us with.
If you have further questions about Capital Baptist Church, feel free to call the church office at 703-560-3109